Diploma in Automobile Engineering
Mechanical Engineering -Automobile is a part of Mechanical Engineering. It teaches manufacturing, designing, mechanical mechanisms as well operations of automobiles. It is an introduction to vehicle engineering which deals with motorcycles, cars, buses, trucks, etc. It includes branch study of mechanical, electronic, software and safety elements. Some of the engineering attributes and disciplines that are of importance to the automotive engineer and many of the other aspects are included in it. The rapid growth of auto component manufacturers and automobile industries, there is a great demand for Automobile Engineers.
Mechanical engineering- automobile offers wide range of opportunities for the aspirants and it includes automobile manufacturing industries, production plants, service stations, state road transport corporations, private transport companies, insurance companies, motor vehicle departments etc.
Notably, Chandil polytechnic is the only college in the state offering this course.
Approval & Affiliation
Approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
Affiliated to Jharkhand University of Technology
- An admission is through Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (PECE) conducted by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (J.C.E.C.E.B), Ranchi Jharkhand.
- The minimum qualification is 10th / Matric pass.
- ITI, +2 with Mathematics/ ISc pass or PCM 12th pass/ +2 Vocational Course pass students can get direct admission in 2nd year (Lateral Entry).
- PECE Test is mandatory for students to get admission through counseling.
- Vehicle Design Engineer Production in charge Technical Engineer
- Automotive Systems Engg. Industrial Supervisor Installation and Maintenance - Engg.
- Research & Development
- Production Control Supervisor